Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Workout Routine

One thing that helps me get bored of working out, is by CHANGING it up!  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy running on the treadmill, doing the elliptical etc, but if I did that EVERY time I worked out, it would get old, real quick.  So, this is my typical schedule.  I LOVE FITNESS CLASSES.  :)

Monday - Body Pump (1 hour Strength Class, works 8 major muscle groups) midday/lunch break
Tuesday - Either Turbo Kick (cardio) at 5:45 AM/before work or a 45 minute Spin Class right after work.
Wednesday - Boot Camp (cardio and strength mix, it reminds me of gym class in school and it's something different every day.)   midday/lunch break
Thursday - OFF
Friday - Body Pump Express (45 minute condensed version of traditional Body Pump) midday/lunch break
Saturday - Either Boot Camp or just a cardio/strength mix independently 
Sunday - Either Spin Class or independent cardio (treadmill or elliptical on my own)  while reading a good book or watching a show on the tv screen  ;)

I have myself scheduled to work out 6 days a week, however, there is usually one day a week, that for one reason or another, I am not able to work out.  So, if I am able to workout 6 days a week, then great!  If not, 5 days a week is still really good and I am happy with that.

6 comments:

  1. To keep a treadmill from getting old, one needs to clean it regularly, Kari. The most common problem is with the belts. Remove dust or debris with a dry towel because these might cause your treadmill not to work properly. Most importantly, always make sure that the treadmill is unplugged before performing any sort of maintenance to avoid accidents.

    Nicolas Ervin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but... I don't own a treadmill. I use one at the gym and I certainly won't be cleaning theirs. ;) When I said to keep it from getting old, I meant, to keep running on the treadmill from getting boring.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! You have a very intense work-out routine. Have you tried a more creative exercise routine? We now have dance inspired exercises. Its upbeat tempo would really give you a different kind of boost. Sports training are good too. Who knows, you might end up as an athlete!

    Evelina Howe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember, the first dance inspired exercise I learned was for the shaping of legs. It's like a quest for great looking thighs and calves. :P Dance inspired exercises are great! It would actually be even more interesting if you exercise with friends.

      Brandon Pepper

      Delete
  3. I agree with you, Evelina. There are many fun body exercises that are good enough to keep you fit. However, if you do enjoy your workout routine (and it actually seems like you’re happy with it), then continue to do and pursue it so. In the end, loving what you do and why you do it is the best motivation to keep on going. =)

    Celia Maciomhair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you plan on buying one? If you eventually do, be sure to read the treadmill’s manual so that you know how to take good care of your machine, Kari. Should any problem come along the way, you can always call the help line and see what they can do for you. Sometimes, they even guide you on the phone to help you fix it.

    Evelyn Deaton

    ReplyDelete