Monday, March 5, 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly

Today I have a few things on my mind, all very different.  One is good, one is bad and one is ugly. 

On the good news - I have a co-worker who has been trying to conceive for several years.  Clomid was unsuccessful, as was IUI and they are now undergoing IVF.  On Saturday they were able to retrieve 6 eggs from her and today, she let me know that 4 of the 6 eggs "took" and are now embryos.  They just have to wait a couple more days and they will implant the two best embryos.  I am so so happy for her.  What a wonderful answer to a prayer.  Now just hoping and continuing to pray that all goes well with implantation and that they are able to become parents.  She is 39 and this would be their first pregnancy/child. 

The bad news, (much more trivial than the good news) is that on both Saturday & Sunday this weekend, when Tyler was napping and I had a choice to either work out or nap myself.... I chose to nap, both days.  I feel like such a lazy bum and super disappointed in myself.  I have two months to get my body in as good of shape as I can in that time and I am not using the time as good as I could/should be.  Also, if I don't, there's a chance I will lose $100 to a friend I am in a weight loss bet with. 

And for the ugly.  My dad has been struggling with some health issues for a while - he has had this awful cough that sounds as if he is about to gag/throw up, I think it's related to asthma and he has an inhaler for that.  But about a month ago he let me know he is on oxygen and needs a biopsy on his lung.  Last night, he let us know that he has lung disease and that he needs a lung transplant.  I didn't get much more out of him than that and when I tried to google "lung disease" about 10 different kinds of lung disease came up in the suggested search, so I don't even know what kind, or how long the wait is or how he'll do in the mean time etc.  Just that he needs one.  And that is scary.  He is only 55.  My mom died when she was 49.  I am only 29 and feel like it's way too soon for me to lose both of my parents.  I just want him to be healthy and to have lots of years left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment