Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goals and Veggie Wraps

This post is about two unrelated and random things... Goals and Veggie Wraps.  I apologize for my A.D.D.  ;)

When it comes to goals, I think that most people have at least a few things they'd either like to start doing, stop doing, or would like to get better at doing on a daily basis.  I am one of those people.

With everything that has been going on this year with my two ectopic pregnancies, exercise restrictions, stress etc, I have fallen in to a bit of emotional eating and obviously haven't worked out when under doctor's orders to abstain.  I haven't completely slid back in to eating junk all the time, but there is a ton of room for improvement in my diet, I've been getting iced coffees or lattes from Starbucks often, going out for lunch and/or getting take out for dinner a lot and none of it is doing anything good for me.

I am just starting to work out again given the doctor's "okay" but I want to make sure I'm consistent about it.  It's important to me and needs to be a priority.  Plus, there are other things that I would like to get better at that are not related to health & fitness as well.  So, what did I do?  I made a list.  A daily checklist that I put where I will look at it every day and I can go down the list and mentally check off the things I listed if I have succeeded at them for the day.


It makes me happy when I can look at it and know that I stuck to everything that I listed that is important to me.  And even if one of them isn't met for the day, I still feel pretty good.   Once doing all of this becomes routine/habit, I will add on others that I need to work on.. but first things first!

For anyone who is struggling to make improvements in your life, consider making a list of your goals and putting them where you can see them.  Some of us just need some accountability!

Now, for the Veggie Wraps!  :)

This is one of my favorite meals for lunch or for dinner.  It's super healthy & tasty and can be put together quickly.  (like on nights that I'm making something else for Mike & Tyler and I don't feel like doing a lot of work for two meals!)   But I really do enjoy eating this a lot.

I use:
Alvarado St. Bakery Sprouted Wheat Tortillas (found in natural food stores... because all the tortillas in grocery stores seem to be loaded with a crap-ton of crappy ingredients)
Then I put cucumber slices, roma tomato slices, alfalfa sprouts, half of an avocado - mashed, baby spinach, and - when they're in season.... garlic scapes!!!  These are the best part.  Sooo yummy!!  Anyway just put all the stuff on your tortilla:


And wrap it up.  :)



It's nice and big so it's filling, healthy, quick and tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment